Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Those Fickle Feelings


When I started making a mental list of the things that bug me, I came to the realization that things only tend to bug me if I think that the intentions behind the action were sketchy.  That, and things also tend to bug me when I’m stressed out or just plain peeved about something (usually something that is entirely unrelated).  Also, past experiences with the person in question also tend to effect whether what they do or say bugs me or not.  I realize that this is kind of fickle, and yet totally typical. 

I'll keep this short and sweet by saying that I can't think of any specific actions that do or don't bug me regardless of my mood and past experiences.  These two factors heavily influence what I think about an individual's intentions.   I've found that it's pretty easy to convince myself of someone's good intentions if all is well and I'm in a good mood.  And on the flip side, I often have a very difficult time convincing myself of someone's good intentions if I'm stressed out or in a bad mood.  So, I'm obviously more likely to get bugged by things on days like that, even little things like someone letting a door close and lock when I was just behind them.  That being said, I'm usually a pretty positive person.  I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt and not let things annoy me.  Even when I'm stressed out, I try my best to not get bugged by things that I can do absolutely nothing about.  Well... it's a goal anyway.                      

  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment