Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Television, Glorious Television

Okay, so I'm going to try to keep this post to a manageable length.  We'll see how success that is.

I didn't used to watch a lot of television.  Until the later high school years, I never had a favorite t.v. show.  Then I started watching NCIS and other shows with my parents.  It's all their fault.  So I'm going to try to make a list that is somewhat organized.

I watch a lot of crime shows.  NCIS, occasionally NCIS LA because I like the main guy, Criminal Minds, White Collar, occasionally Hawaii Five-0 because it's in Hawaii, which is new, and Bones are the ones that I can think of now.  I'm kind of behind on Bones, but I'll catch up eventually.  White Collar just started a new season, which is fantastic, mostly because Matt Bomer can rock a fedora.  And then there are the crime shows like the Mentalist, Castle, and Psych, which are just different enough to make them interesting, and Psych has a great sense of humor.  Okay, so Burn Notice gets an honorable mention on this list because I like it a lot, but am several seasons behind on it.

Next.  Hmm, sci-fi and supernatural television next?  I watch almost all of my television on the internet, so getting episodes from way earlier is not a problem.  Brandon got me hooked on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its spin-off Angel, which I still watch when I don't feel like watching anything else.  This in turn led me to Charmed, a fabulous show about witches that ran for seven or eight seasons in the late nineties and ... the decade after.  Next would be Firefly, another show by Joss Whedon that I watch whenever I feel like it, since it only has fourteen episodes.  Firefly's Nathan Fillion is also the reason I started watching Castle.

Okay, so Britain's Doctor Who and Torchwood would not have fit in that same paragraph, so they get their own.  One of my roommates got me addicted, so I've now seen almost all of the new revamp of Doctor Who, plus some of the 1960's episodes (or possibly more than I should have seen, considering how long it takes for anything to happen back then in t.v.).  Torchwood I've only seen most of the first two seasons, but that's okay because I'm pretty sure I could watch John Borrowman's character all day doing nothing.  Or making out with whatever guy or girl happens to come along...  Which may be the real reason I watch.  So, I tried not to go too fangirl-y in this paragraph, and I think I was successful.

The last shows I'm going to mention are kids shows.  My roommate informed me that I need to get caught up on watching Avatar, because I don't remember the episodes I saw previously very well, so that I could watch Korra.  And I'm not sure if this last one makes me super weird, but I also am trying to get caught up on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.  It's okay if that gets me shunned, because I have three roommates that also watch it.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed looking at my list of television.  It is quite extensive, and I apologize for that.  I'm not sure if writing them out in a list made me feel good or bad about the amount of time I spend watching electronic screens...  Oh well.  Kathleen's up tomorrow, and enjoy reading about the rest of the television shows that people watch.

2 comments:

  1. Burn Notice has always looked pretty interesting to me. Have you ever tried Law and Order?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second the Law and Order recommendation. Between the main series and all of the spinoffs, everyone can usually find at least one of the shows that appeals to them. Personally, I'm fond of SVU.

      Delete